Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Big B little b what begins with "b"

Today was my first day of teaching. The girls, Trey and I journeyed to Sams club where they learned a valuable lesson....how to get your money back for a defective item, even if you don't have the receipt (it helped that they were able to look the purchase up on line). The kids were extremely patient and were rewarded with a trip around the store in which they could gawk at all the displayed toys (christmas really starts in September, didn't ya know). Let me be very clear, Selina, we ONLY looked at items beginning with the letter "b". They were then treated to an extremely unhealthy, artery clogging, bargain lunch at Sam's food court. An hour and a half later we were on our way home. The girls spent the rest of preschool time working on the letter "b" worksheets and finding items around the house that begin with "b".


Here's what we found.......



"B"ella and Quincy doing "b"ead work.


"b"lue "b"oots

"b"ikes- ok technically tricycles but c'mon.

"baby" "b"rother "b"abbling on the phone to his Dad.


As I was walking out the door this man stopped me and told me he thought I was such a patient, beautiful mother that I deserved beautiful flowers.


Please! nothing like that EVER happens to me. What really happened is........


A man stopped me as we were walking out the door and said Sam's club was giving away 2 dozen roses to show customer appreciation. Thanks, I said. I can dream, can't I?

2 comments:

bethany said...

Funny! I totally was gonna congratulate Quinn on being such a romantic but, alas, the flowers were not from him.

nina said...

Ami,
I must insist on being an authorized author on my teaching days. You faiked to mention an of the fantastic things I did with ur girls (HELLO??? Acorn magnets...) I must receive proper credit for my invaluable teaching time. Selina